When it comes to marketing for your business, it can become very frustrating and costly. However it can also be fun and inexpensive when approached correctly and by using the proper methods. Here are a few low to no cost strategies for marketing and promotion no matter what business you have. Whether your company offers a product or a service, you can expect incredible results. These tricks of the trade are simple and work across the board. Just by incorporating a bit of planning and creativity you can successfully obtain the leads and sales numbers you’ve been looking for.
1. Business Cards are one of the most useful and yet overlooked marketing tools. Be sure to use double-sided cars to benefit fully from your purchase. Be sure to include all the important information needed to draw in customers as well as the means for them to contact you. Carry your business cards EVERYWHERE! This way you can disperse them whenever the opportunity arises. Be creative in designing and distributing your cards. Create a card that pops and that is memorable to those you give it to. Pass them out at restaurants, retail stores, your gym, your coffee shop… wherever you may go. Also when you receive from others, be sure to send them a short email after meeting them to keep your name fresh in their memory.
2. Taking pictures or documenting moments in your business is a great way to make you and your company memorable. Take photos when you make a sale or ask your online customers to send in photos of them with their new purchase. When a substantial purchase is acquired take a picture of the customer with the business owner, this looks great for your customer service. Don’t forget to use quality photos as well. You want any pictures you use in marketing to be clear and vibrant.
3. Associations within your market are great resources to further your business’ reach. You can literally find associations for any industry or business type. All you have to do is a quick web search and you will see the abundance of availability. Joining an association in your field creates a great opportunity for networking and making presentations. In turn there the possibility for publications. When doing a presentation, often times you be mentioned in the association newsletter, e-zine or website. You may even be offered the chance to write an article for their publication or website. This will lend to promotion for you presentation and increase your credibility. Use these tools within your association to create more marketing opportunities; newsletters, internet listings, links to your website, discounts on advertisements, networking, business referral, special events, education seminars, committee involvement & business directories.
4. Contests & Raffles are fun way to create more interest and an incentive to use your company. With contests you can generate hot leads for frequent customers or even create new ones. Be sure to market your contest or raffle extensively leading up to the event and even after the prize is given via your social media, website, and whatever other resources you have available.
5. Cross-promotion is one of the cheapest and most beneficial marketing tool. By joining forces with other companies that compliment your own you can reach twice the audience and at half or none of the price. You can agree to offer advertising for each other through your own company or even partner up on deals. If you have a wine business you could join with a pastry baker in offering coupons for each other with a purchase from your own store, or you could even give samples or sell your product in each others’ shops… the possibilities are endless.
6. Customer bonuses are another way to create incentive for your customers. For example if they spend a minimum amount they receive a discount on their next purchase. You could also create a mailing list where the customer receives a percentage off of their first purchase when signing up to receive your newsletter. This way you not only entice them to make a purchase but also have a means to continue your marketing towards them. Another way is to offer a discount when they refer another customer. This again is at little cost to you and will ensure a great return.
Synergy has created a comprehensive list of important digital marketing services. When we start working together we evaluate what marketing services will benefit you the most. Then we do the maximum amount of work each month for the package you choose. Our website maintenance is done though our system which provides us with real-time status data and the ability to manage it quickly. We have security and up-time monitoring to alert us of any issues and address them quickly. All of this is reported to you through your own customized dashboard. Our customer service provides you with 24/7 ticketing support, phone & text support and email support.
Our pricing is simple, we have a package for $249 a month, a package for $399 a month and a custom package for clients who need more or less. We charge a reasonable set-up fee to cover our initial time and costs. We have no monthly or annual contracts, you can scale up or down at any time and we can even change the services we provide from month to month.
Digital marketing can expose you to the same amount of people as traditional marketing for 1/20 of the cost. So let us take care of your local marketing, social media, blog, content management, free & paid advertising, website, maintenance, security and so much more. We are a professional marketing agency that focuses on small to medium size businesses like yours.
In Dale Carnegie’s all-time, best-selling book, “How To Win Friends And Influence People”, the second chapter, The Big Secret of Dealing With People, sums up this seemingly secret but simple principle: Show appreciation in the most honest and sincere way.
As Carnegie puts it, there’s one sure fire method to drive people to do something which is by enticing the target people to want to do it. How does one drive customers to promote your business and refer other consumers to you? By presenting them with the ultimate craving of human beings: appreciation in an honest and sincere manner.
A Couple Words of Magic
The grand secret of successful customer service isn’t actually a secret; just a principle that is neglected. Constantly and personally saying “thank you” with sincerity is all it is. Customers desire to feel of importance, so this gesture is a magical face-to-face (or telephone) marketing technique.
This is a genuine act of kindness, but one must cultivate that honest kindness and sincerity when saying it. Simply doing it for the sake of flattery or appeasement can easily be sensed by a customer. Sincerity is imperative. In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “You can never say anything but what you are.”
“Thank You” Derives Relationships and Referrals
Referrals are never guaranteed no matter how delighted the customer seemed with your business, which is unnerving. Even though they cannot be controlled, they can certainly be influenced.
Of course, the primary objective is to provide the customer with the product and service that is most valuable. But beyond that, the most effective way to make a huge difference is to display a deep interest in the customer during and after conducting business.
The satisfaction of your service/product will vary between different customers no matter what. But besides that, sincerely saying “thank you” will satisfy every customer’s desire to feel valued. This small, but impactful gesture could be the vital factor in a continued relationship with those customers and the referring of others to your business.
If direct mail or email is a method of thankful correspondence that you don’t currently employ within your business, it would be wise to consider it. If you do use direct mail or e-mail but don’t send any mail showing gratitude it would be very wise to ensue with that type of correspondence immediately.
A personal letter or email of gratitude sent to customers is intensely effective in that it’s targeted (you know who they are, and vice-versa). A positive response to this gesture is what will take place every time.
On top of that, postage mail would be received as a pleasant surprise. In seeing an envelope from you, the customer may think, “oh, this looks like a bill or something requiring me signature or reviewing”. But then they realize that you’re simply reaching out to let them know that you appreciate them and that they’re important to you.
With every chance you get, send “thank you” mail to customers. But definitely DO NOT accompany a bill or other business-related correspondence with “thank you” mail. Keep those separate.
“Thank You” Mail Techniques
The intention in sending “thank you” mail is simple, but composing one can be a delicate task. The following are nine tips towards success in this task:
- Don’t make it too long
- Keep it to a maximum of 6 lines.
- Sincerity is key
- This is the most imperative aspect. Writing can sometimes come off as awkward, even with sincere intention. So be careful here.
- Begin with personal appreciation
- Ex. “Dear Mr. Rogers (or, if appropriate, use first name), Our sincerest thanks …”
- Set the right tone
- Make it a balance between a friendly and professional.
- Bring to focus the positive
- Remind them of the good relationship that was created.
- Show willingness to give more help
- Ex. “If there is any way I can be of further service …
- Finish with reinforced appreciation
- You can never thank them enough.
- Use an appropriate closing
- Ex. “Sincerely”, “Best regards”
- Keep your motive pure
- Don’t get away from being fully sincere in your thankfulness
Remember: Solid relationships with customers are constructed by giving sincere thanks. Using the magical words “thank you” repeatedly and honestly will increase returning customers the amount of referrals.
Why do you need a good business card? What are the benefits and how should you do it?
The reality is…competition is here to stay. Many industries thrive on competition, regardless you need solid ways to stay ahead. There will always be competition waiting in the wings to entice your customers away from you. Yes, you are always going to have to be on the lookout for new ways to outsmart your competition. Here are 3 ways you can minimize the impact they have on your business and stand out from the crowd.
1. Integrate Unconventional Marketing Strategies
Standing out can be hard to do with so many businesses copying the marketing campaigns of their competitors. Of course, we all want to be successful, and when we see others using a solid method and prospering there’s a desire to hop on the train and enjoy the same success.
Rather than copying your competition, look for unique ways to advertise. Digital marketing is a great outlet. Like Synergy Web Systems most companies use…you guessed it social media as a key outlet to market their products. This can provide little to no return if things are not designed, written and targeted properly. Why not get high impact results by creating unique promotions targeting people who actually want to visit your Website? Don’t be afraid to be a little edgy, most people are desensitized now a days. Humor is always a great icebreaker too and can make a post or ad more memorable. Most companies just take the shotgun approach, therefore just blend in. Get your focus on your clients and give them something to remember.
2. Discover your Hidden Markets
Are your competitors are missing out on something! Look around until you discover what it is, and get a corner on that niche. It’s out there, Synergy Web Systems can even help you find it. Once you have discovered your gold mine, revise your ads, sales content, and Website to address the awesome new market you’ve discovered.
3. Become the Expert in your industry
We all respect the ideas and insight of someone who really knows their industry inside and out. Take the time to do more research, get to know all of the different aspects of your product…then emphasize it in your marketing campaigns. True knowledge can’t be overpowered. Your customers will know who the expert is.
Don’t have to put all of your eggs in one basket to target a single product, emphasize what your area of expertise is. Remember that people are wiling to pay more for quality! You may even want to raise your price, get customer testimonials, and find another expert to endorse you.
You don’t have to let the competition get one over on you, set your self up for success!
As always, Synergy Web Systems is here to help!
Synergy Roanoke VA
1204 Penmar Ave se
Roanoke VA 24013
540-491-0227 (No Soliciting)
To reduce spam, our email address is available upon request
*We serve clients anywhere in the USA
Jeff Heveron Photography & Video
575-224-1727 (No Soliciting)
Website & Portfolio
I travel to anywhere in the US!